Reduce an image’s file size on mac
- In the Preview app on your Mac, open the file you want to change.
- Choose Tools > Adjust Size, then select “Resample image.”
- Enter a smaller value in the Resolution field.The new size is shown at the bottom.
Tip: To reduce the file size of multiple images at the same time, display the images in the same window, select them in that window’s sidebar, then choose Tools > Adjust Size.
Reduce an image’s file size on windows
When you don't need every single pixel in an image to get an acceptable version of it, you can compress pictures to make the file size smaller.
- With your file open in your Microsoft Office application, select the picture or pictures that you want to compress.
- Under Picture Tools, on the Format tab, in the Adjust group, click Compress Pictures.If you do not see the Picture Tools - Format tab, make sure that you selected a picture. You may have to double-click the picture to select it and open the Format tab.Also, depending on your screen size, you might only see the icons for the Adjust group. The Compress Pictures button appears without a label.
- To compress the selected pictures only and not all of the pictures in the document, select the Apply only to this picture check box.Clearing the Apply only to this picture checkbox will override any previous changes you have made for other individual pictures in this document.
- Under Resolution, click the resolution that you want, then click OK.
How to Reduce Picture File Size Using Image Size App on iOS Device
For the purpose of this guide, I am using the Image Size App to reduce image size but you can use any.
1. Launch the Image Size App on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the top left image icon and ‘Allow Access’ to your photo library.
3. Select the photo you wish to reduce size and tap on Choose.
4: Now, the app automatically reduce the photo file size, you can see the size difference (1.37 MB → 302.64 KB).
5. Finally**,** tap on the Download button to save reduce photo in your Photo library.